Friday, July 4, 2008

My Brother's Wedding

Rehersal dinner at the Smith House is always a great way to start the weekend.
The wedding was such a beautiful event. A little rain shower threatened us Saturday afternoon, but the sun broke through and it held off until late that night as the reception was underway. Like Em dressing up dolls, Jess and Alex looked like Barbie and Ken. They were so happy and perfect. Jess's sister's photography company (www.doveweddingphotography.com) did the photographs, so I know they will be amazing.
The ceremony was outside, and we did pictures beforehand. Will looked like a mini-Scott, and Em was a mini-me. Before we left CA, Em had a virus, and it got ahold of Will that week. He had a fever all day, so getting him to pose in a hot tux in the sun was not easy. At one point, he just started walking away. We tried every bribe we could come up with, but he was not feeling well at all. He did make it down the aisle, where he sat with Papa. But, by the time he got to the reception, he went to a table, laid his head down, and fell asleep. He sat there, asleep, until Mimi and Paw-paw took him back to the hotel (or home-tel as Em calls it).
Em, on the other hand, danced all night! She was in her element and the life of the party. In her princess dress, she'd dance with anyone who came along. She got to see all her cousins (second cousins), eat cake, and run around. Finally she crashed.
Alex and Jess have some wonderful friends who proved it at the wedding; I am so proud of who my brother has become, the life he's made for himself, and the beautiful, kind woman he's married.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

.....missing you so I decided to go online and read your blog. I love it!!! Your brother and his new wife look so happy showing off their new rings.
It's been a hectic summer (don't know why I am so busy-It's not like I am working ;) or anything.) I wish I could have seen you more while you were in the ATL. Thanks for coming to our shower. Hope I get to see you again this summer.
Jamie