Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Out Smarted

I've been babysitting for the past month with a 17 month-old and a two-and-a-half year-old; plus Emmie Ann and Will. When Will's at school in the mornings, the little girls, all three of them, love to go into Em's room, turn on the radio, and spin and dance, jump and hop, or just bounce around the room.

I was putting away dishes in the kitchen when Em ran into see talk to me this morning. She said that the radio wouldn't come on, which was her way of asking me to come fix it. So, I went into the bedroom. I plugged it in, put in a CD, and was then told to leave them alone.

As I walked out, I said, "I don't want to see ya'll jumping on the bed."
"Then leave so I can close the door," Em replied very matter of factly.

I was out smarted by a three-year-old. Yet, the door is still open...

No comments: