Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Something Small

It starts small, and then it grows. Lately, that's my weight... but that'd be a different blog...
What I'm talking about is harder to measure... but it is still growing.
I can see it in my kids.. their comments, ideas, new words they learn and how they use them.
I see it in my church.. new faces, new ideas, excitement to make a difference somewhere pouring out in action.
And, I see it in the stories on the news, stories from friends, stories from home...
Sure- there are people out there who get paid to create a study, measure, poll, interview, document... and they come out with results to wow us. Of course, that's one way we discover this growth- because someone wrote an article and we overheard someone else talking about it...
But, then there's the growth we see- the growth without any scale, pie chart, or statistic attached.
It's simply a God thing. God growing out all around us. God growing IN us.
Is it always going on and I'm just now really noticing it? Or, is because in the face of "one of the toughest times since the Depression" we need to see it more?
It really doesn't matter, though, because He is here. He's here to grow us.

No comments: