Tuesday, July 14, 2009

devastated

Our TV has been broken for almost 2 months. While we've been watching morning cartoons and the news in our bedroom, the DVR has continued to record all "our shows." Well, we finally moved the bedroom TV in to the living room, hooked it up to DVR, and are getting caught up on season finales... from Memorial Day.
Anyways, I've just gone back and watched my Jon and Kate Plus 8 shows. I've seen tabloids and know a bit about what is going on, but I just don't want to face it. Last summer, I started watching, and somewhere between their taking the kids to church, the Isaiah t-shirts, and their candid (yet a bit scary) conversations with one another, I grew attached to the Gosslins! I thought that just maybe they'd be a family to follow. It didn't take long, however, for questions to grow: are they for real? how much is scripted? are those kids okay? how much money do they want to make before they quit? is the next house going to be big enough? will she ever leave jon alone? can he do anything right? does she watch herself on tv? does she really believe that everything she does is for the kids? will they ever give it up? why haven't they mentioned counseling at all? are they really Christians? would they give up the big house/bad marriage for the small house/better looking marriage? was it all a scheme? is TLC evil? why don't they turn off the cameras and work on their marriage if they're so concerned about their kids?

I have to say I'm totally devastated by the way their life is turning out. The youngest just turned 5. That's my kids' age. No kid should have to deal with the mess their parents are going through- much less have it recorded on film and broadcasted to the world. With a broken heart, I took Jon and Kate Plus 8 off my DVR "scheduled recording" list and added them to my "seriously pray for them" list.

Then, in an attempt to be an informed individual, I did what any wondering ex-fan would do: I googled them. And, I found this article.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/juneweb-only/122-11.0.html?start=1

2 comments:

Blogger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adam Scott said...

Really DVR Recorders our all types of video from TV Channels and also that video which are using for Security System which are taken by CCTV Cameras.