Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I've officially become my mom

As I knelled on the living room carpet with a coffee cup full of Oxyclean and hot water in my left hand and an old wash cloth in the right, it hit me.
I'd already had coffee and washed that cup out. Three little girls were running around me with baby dolls, the washing machine was going full force as it cleaned the pee out of the towels, bathroom mats, and panties from an earlier unfortunate accident accident, and I'd already swept, mopped, and done a load of dishes... all this and it wasn't even ten in the morning. Will had been dropped off at school, driven by me in the bike trailer, I'd come home, showered, blown out my hair, and fed five people a small breakfast. The back patio has been swept, too. Then, "brown baby" had to be hand washed since the unfortunate pee-all-over-the-bathroom incident had rendered him, well, wet. Next, snack time. And, now that I've fed two girls Fiber One and Zone bars, grapes, and juice and one little one her organic yogurt and a jar of baby food, it was time to clean up a mess, spilled water all over the kitchen floor, before giving the baby her milk, packing three little girls in the car, buckling them up, and going to pick Will up from school. When we get back: lunch time...
Mom, you're my hero.

5 comments:

Jackie Stroud said...

wow. it sound like a lot of work. I hope you don't get too tired otherwise you won't be able to come visit your bestie for life!!!! California looks like a lot of fun, but Georgia is better. I think at least. Have fun working your butt off.
-Jackie(your bestie for life)

Kate said...

I love it!! It's amazing how much our mothers did!! It sounds like your hand are full with everything. I miss you. Will talk to you soon! Kate

Bethany said...

How come I had to hear about this from my mother-in-law? LOVE IT! Had Ben's birthday party, he wanted Will and Emmy to come because he hasn't seen them in so long. Made me sad! Love you guys.

Unknown said...

Hey Ali, Just not the same without you at work! Sounds like you have quite a schedule. Thanks for keeping us updated,I can't believe how much Will and Emmy have grown. Will just had his wisdom teeth out, not fun, but we made it through, he goes back to school on Monday. Holly is good, still has the boyfriend from Maryland. Mike and I are counting the days until I can stay home but I won't be keeping any small children though.
Take care of everyone and we miss and love you !!!!!!!!!1
Sara

Carrie said...

Our mothers were super moms...